People who get manicures on a regular basis say they do so because it gives them some “me” time, helping them to relax and feel better about their appearance and about themselves. While getting manicures has been a common practice among women for many generations, in recent years it has become quite prevalent among men too.
Shear Elegance Salon and Spa, London Ontario offers manicures to both men and women as part of our spa services. At our spa, London Ontario clients can choose to have a manicure only, or pick a package that combines a manicure with other spa treatments including pedicures, facials, massages, hair care, and make-up application.
Whether you are a first-time customer to Shear Elegance Salon and Spa, London Ontario, or a returning client, the following manicure tidbits may help you feel assured that you have chosen wisely:
- All instruments used during a manicure session are disinfected in a hospital grade solution and then sterilized in our autoclave system.
- New buffers and files are used for each client.
- Our main concern is for your health and the health of your nails and lungs. Therefore, Shear Elegance Salon and Spa, London Ontario does not carry acrylic nails, and we do not use drills.
- Shear Elegance Salon and Spa, London Ontario offers Gel Nails as an alternative to acrylic nails for those clients who choose to have a manicure using artificial nails. You may also choose to have a manicure done on your real nails.
- As an alternative to Shellac, we use Artistic Colour Gloss and Gel-ish Polish, which take less time to cure. We use LED lights instead of UV lights to help set the polish.
Following these tips from the experienced nail technicians at Shear Elegance Salon and Spa, London Ontario can help ensure your manicure lasts longer:
- Use hand sanitizer sparingly as it can cause lifting and discolouration.
- Use gloves when washing dishes or gardening to prevent your nails from becoming too dehydrated or too oily.
- Wear gloves when using cleaning products because the chemicals in cleaning products can cause lifting and discolouration.
- Avoid picking under your nails frequently as this practice can contribute to breaking the seal and your polish could start peeling.
- To prevent breakage and prolong the life of your Gel-ish polish, don't file or cut your nails after your manicure treatment at Shear Elegance Salon and Spa, London Ontario.
- Use top coat over the Gel-ish polish to help your polish last longer.
For further information about our manicure services or any of our other spa services, contact Shear Elegance Salon and Spa, London Ontario at 519.645.7000.