Top 5 Hair Trends for 2016
Hair trends had a wild ride through 2015. If you were a little timid about trying the bright pink hues or ombre grays or didn't want to get tangled in all the artistic braiding, you'll be happy to know 2016 trends aren't just for the bold and fearless.
There is no in between in length this year, and the long and the short alike, all have more natural earth-inspired colour tones.
- Extreme Lengths: Extensions are more natural looking now than they've ever been. "Glunge" is the latest look - as a freshly washed glam-grunge look.
- Texture: The new bob is texturized to offer multiple looks depending on how you style it. The "wob" (a wavy bob) brings a new sexiness to its carefree look and banishes bad hair days for good.
- Natural Curl: New hair products and drying techniques ensure your final "do" looks effortless.
- Embellished Hair: Hair jewellery continues to dominate with large pieces to add a bold statement. Or go subtle with the latest trend - a hair tattoo.
- Colour: You can get this year's hottest looks by simply changing up the colour.
- Colour Melting - Multiple tones that seamlessly "melt" together to produce a natural look.
- Deliberate Roots - Great for those on a budget!
- Ecaille Blend (or Tortoise Shell) - If you have thin hair, this technique is perfect! We use three or more shades to create movement and fullness.
- Multifaceted Platinum - Creates a mix of colours, similar to an opal shell, in different lights and angles.
- Rainbow Bangs - Just as the name suggests, these bangs can be attention-grabbing without being overwhelming.
- Hair Strobing - Highlights your hair perfectly for your features.
Balayage Highlighting - Hand painted highlights for a sun-kissed natural look.
- Babylights - Delicate, white-blonde highlights for that baby-blonde childhood hue.
- Cuivre Red - An intense copper red with lots of glossiness.
- Cinnamon Swirl - Colours inspired by the bun itself.
- Shimmering Rose Gold - A warmer colour using shades of gold, rose gold, or peach hues.
- Bold Burgundy (or Eggplant) - Uses a balance of natural and unnatural hues.
- Bronde - The perfect mix between a blonde and brunette.
- Ronze - Classic red meets rich, bronzy-brown with hints of copper and auburn.
Using only the highest quality 100% human hair, Shear Elegance experts can thicken fine and thin hair with Fusion Hair Extensions that will last until you decide to take them out.
Fusion Hair Extensions are of the highest technology and avoid all the harsh and damaging side effects presented by using either glue or weaves.
Experts at Shear Elegance are certified and offer complimentary consultations. To determine the length, quantities, and colour, book your 15 minute complimentary consultation today!
& Conditioning Treatment
when you book your colour or hi-light service from Stephanie, Kayla or Kendra.*
Book your appointment today:
*Promotion valid Monday through Thursday until April 30, 2016. Can not be combined with any other offers or promotions. Must mention this ad at time of booking.
Gift cards can be purchased at the Spa, online, over the phone, or by email and can be mailed directly to the recipient for your added convenience!